Marketing and Program Coordinator
Join our farm-based wilderness expedition school rooted in progressive social and ecological practices as a year-round staff member! Our teachings are founded on connection: with each other and the world around us.
Kroka’s international group of guides and educators envision, design and execute programs that have consistent life-changing impacts on children and youth. Our staff live and work in community and practice what they teach. They are visionaries, risk-takers, and role models. They are committed to mastery of their skills and to awakening consciousness and altruistic will in young people.
|Year-round, full time, salaried. Position is open until filled.
The Marketing and Program Coordinator will act as both an administrator and field instructor. This will include: marketing and outreach of programs, student enrollment and retention, coordination and support of all program areas (school, semester and summer), and the facilitation of 1-3 farm-based programs / wilderness expeditions each season.
|Compensation & Benefits
||The Marketing and Program Coordinator is a year‐round, full time, residential position. Kroka offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. Staff benefits include:
- Being part of a forward thinking and energetic community that is deeply engaged in making a positive difference in the world.
- Simple and beautiful on-site housing.
- Health insurance, retirement benefits, and vacation and health days.
- Extensive training opportunities in adventure sports and wilderness skills.
- Pro-purchase on personal equipment & extensive equipment library for personal expeditions.
- Interest, enjoyment, and previous experience with marketing: understanding of traditional, contemporary, and creative social media use and effective outreach techniques.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills: it will be necessary to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong understanding of technology, attention to detail, capacity for cooperative teamwork, and a consistent positive attitude.
- Strong understanding and commitment to Kroka’s mission: as a values-based organization, it is important to hold ideals and morals that align with Kroka’s vision.
- Love of teaching and mentoring children and youth: enjoys working with a wide range of ages, with documented and referenced previous teaching experience.
- Previous wilderness expedition experience in remote environments, or an excitement to learn!
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion: demonstrated cultural competence and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to personal fitness: working at Kroka is physically demanding and requires a high level of fitness and excellent work ethic. You will be expected to wake early for shared work on the farm and participate joyously in the strenuous work of living close to the land.
- Commitment to ecologically conscious living and simplified personal needs, previous experience living and working in community is helpful.
- Higher education: college degree and/or equivalent life experience.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
The following qualifications and skills are a plus, but not required:
- Personal artistic skills: strong singing voice, handwork skills, visual and/or performing arts experience.
- International/cultural diversity: experience living, working, and traveling in other countries and cultures.
- Adventure sports experience in whitewater paddling, backpacking, rock climbing and/or others.
- Waldorf Training: experience and/or training for working with Waldorf schools and school children.
- Additional Certifications: Wilderness First Responder (WFR), Wilderness EMT, AMGA SPI, ACA Swiftwater Rescue, etc.
HOW TO APPLY