Assistant Kitchen Manager
Kroka Expeditions is seeking an experienced cook to work alongside our Food Manager to process and prepare food in our farmhouse kitchen from our beautiful biodynamic farm to feed our incredible summer staff and students. Come be a part of a great community of people committed to adventurous learning, hard work and simple living!
- Summer season: June 10 – August 25, 6 days per week.
- Work with Food Manager/Apprentice and Farmers and students to feed students and staff during the thriving summer season.
- Keeping our busy food-pack-out room stocked with expedition food.
- Planning and cooking bountiful meals and processing and preserving the harvest for our year-round learning community.
- Work with staff to keep kitchen and food room hygienic and high-functioning
- Demonstrated cooking or catering experience
- High standards of hygiene and organization skills
- Enjoys working with children and cooking with fresh farm food
- Good communication skills
- Able to run the kitchen in Food Manager’s absence
- Willingness and desire to live in community
- Creative, curious, industrious, resourceful
Compensation and benefits
- Compensation based on experience. Room and board (outdoor eco-housing on the Kroka campus).
HOW TO APPLY