Kroka is a wilderness expedition school for young people based on a year-round, organic farm in Marlow, New Hampshire. We believe that consciousness and altruistic will can be brought forward through a living relationship with the natural world and by taking our places within the circle of community.
We seek an aspiring fundraising professional to assist with all Annual and Capital giving initiatives. You will work closely with our Executive Director and Board to help sustain our existing $1,000,000 annual operating budget while also launching and tending our upcoming major capital initiatives for campus infrastructure and to secure neighboring farmland.Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning and executing of Kroka’s annual fundraising plan
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with individual donors
- Receive, record, and acknowledge all donations
- Assist with planning and execution of phase II of Kroka’s capital campaign
- Assist with developing and maintaining relationships with private and corporate foundations
- Assist with researching and submitting proposals for grant funding
- Assist with special events throughout the year
- Aptitude and energy for fundraising and relationship building
- Alignment with Kroka’s mission, philosophy and practices
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially with databases
- Ability to develop timelines, set priorities and provide effective updates
Based on experience
Please send resume, cover letter (including the following questions), professional portfolio, one professional and one character recommendation to email@example.com.
In your letter, please share about:
- The most formative or memorable experience you have had outdoors
- Your proudest fundraising moment
- Your most useful computer skill and an example of how you have used it professionally
Kroka Expeditions is an equal opportunity employer.